skip to main
skip to sidebar
Biology Multiple Choice Quizzes
Free Online Biology Multiple Choice Quizzes
SAT Biology Practice Test Ecology Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT to be considered as a density-dependent factor affecting population size?
2. The role of a particular species within an ecosystem, including all of its interactions with both biotic and abiotic factors, is known as the species
3. The interaction between termites and the particular strains of bacteria that live in their gut are considered as mutualistic. This type of interactions among species is characterized as
4. Which of the following best describes a pattern of idealized population growth that is restricted by limiting factors?
carrying capacity model
logistic growth model
exponential growth model
habitat cap model
5. Which of the following statements is correct regarding species?
A population is a local subset of a species.
A species is one type of population.
A species is a local subset of a population.
A population encompasses many different species.
The terms population and species are interchangeable.
6. Which of the following terms best encompasses all of the populations of organisms living together and potentially interacting in an area?
7. The human population, from Stone Age times to the present, is best represented by
a normal distribution curve.
an exponential growth curve.
a logistic growth curve.
a bimodel distribution curve.
a random growth curve.
8. If a population exceeds the carrying capacity of the ecosystem, the most likely outcome would be
an increase in resources to meet its needs.
extinction of the species.
an eventual decline in population size.
a steady increase in population size.
maintenance of the current population size indefinitely
9. The use of specially bred strains of bacteria to clean up oil spills along beaches is an example of
10. The two fundamental processes that govern the dynamics of an ecosystem are
energy flow and nutrient cycling.
the carbon cycle and photosynthesis
solar radiation and the carbon cycle
photosynthesis and respiration.
the nitrogen cycle and the phosphorous cycle.
Sharing is Caring ..... Please take 5 seconds to Share this Quiz. Thank you...
Free SAT BIOLOGY questions
MCQ Quiz on Ecology
SAT Biology Practice Test
Multiple Choice Quiz on Lipids
Multiple Choice Quiz on Carbohydrates
Multiple Choice Quiz on Biochemistry
Multiple Choice Quiz on Biomolecules
Multiple Choice Quiz on Skeletal System
Follow by Email
2013-2017 Biology Multiple Choice Quizzes |
Biology Exams 4 U